Monday, September 13, 2010

Renaissance Festival

Yesterday, we went to an awesome Renaissance Festival they have here in Michigan.  I always love going. Since my friend had not gone since she was little, we tried to pack in as much as we could in one day. We visited almost all the shops and got to watch some of the shows. I love seeing the parade that walks through there. They try to send someone from every shop and some of the acts to be in it.

My friend and I both got our palm read while we were there. My palm reader told me I have a strong travel line and that I will find a way to make traveling work for me when I get older. I really do want to travel all over the world. I just want to experience everything I possibly can in this life.
 

This guy stop for me just to take his picture during the parade. He was so funny. Later we ran into him again and he kept trying to make my daughter's hat stand up straight.


Hob the Troll is a newer act the festival, but he is one of my favorites. He likes to sing songs and tell jokes as only a troll would. In between his acts he sits on a bridge where he has two baskets. One is labeled sing louder, the other is labeled hush money. When people put money into the basket he will do whatever the basket says to do.


I love this mask that we got my daughter. It is made out of the material used for quilting and is embroidered all over it. I been drooling over embroidering machine lately and this really makes me want one.
Beautiful head wreaths.

Lots of little bottles filled with all kinds a smelly good stuff. I just wanted to take them all. I love the look of all these bottles.

Glass blowing and fairy dust bottles, how cool.
My new ear cuff.  I love these and I'm going to try to make some of these on my own.
As we were leaving we ran into these fun characters. They were saying it was decorate Ann day. I love how they were doing it with yarn. Yarn bombing at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment