I just finished up my daughter's zombie dress. It was just in time too, because she needed to wear it in the haunted house she was in. For the dress, I went to a local thrift store and found a nice dress that could of been someone's homecoming or prom dress. From there, I re-sized it and added some straps from the material I had cut. Next, I had my daughter put it back on and ripped it up. Once that was done, I sewed in a piece of black material onto one of the sides of the dress we made a hole in. On the black material, I painted on some ribs with fabric paint. This was a really fun costume to make. I love being able to tear something up that was meant to be so pretty.
Here is what the dress looks like when I started.
Here it is re-sized and torn up
Here is the final project, unfortunately when this picture was taken she had already sweated off most of her make-up.