Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Juice Pouch Wallet How-to

Today, I am going to share with you how to make a juice pouch mini wallet.

I wasn't the one that came up with the idea, but this is just how I did it. I have been seeing these little coin pouches online and at craft shows and decided that I wanted to try to make one. I also want to apology for the quality of these pictures. I took these pictures right before my old camera died.

Now time for the how-to:

Step 1
Get a empty juice pouch and a zipper. My zipper is much longer then what I need, but it's what I had on hand.

Step 2
Cut/ slice open the bottom of the juice pouch.
You will want to clean the inside and outside of the juice pouch with warm soapy water and dry it. This way you can make sure all the juice is gone and there will be no weird smell to it after you make it. I ended up letting mine dry overnight to make sure it was completely dried.

Step 3
Flatten the juice pouch, if you haven't already. Line up your zipper, so that a little bit of the end hangs off the side. Make sure you are not lining the juice bag up too close to the zipper's teeth.

Step 4
You can unzip the zipper to make it easier to sew on. I used my sewing machine to sew this. It is up to you what stitch you would preferred to use. I did a small zigzag stitch on mine, but have seen them with a straight stitch.
Step 5
With your zipper undone, sew the zipper onto the other side of the juice bag. Make sure when you do this that your zipper will still be lined up with the other side. I used a pin to hold it in place, to help me.

Step 6
Now fold your juice pouch in half and zip your zipper up.
Step 7
Cut off the sides of the zipper. Make sure to leave a little on both sides hanging over the edge of the juice pouch.
Step 8
Tuck in the sides of zipper into the pouch and sew up the sides. You may want to unzip your bag some when sewing up the side with the zipper, just to make it easier.

Step 9
Now your project is done. Sit back and enjoy your new change purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment