Monday, December 19, 2011

My Special Christmas Tree

It's that time of year, where it's Christmas tree time. I've had mine up since a couple of days after Thanksgiving. I actually have two trees in my house. A big one that has all kinds of different ornaments on it and a smaller one that has nothing but star ornaments on it. Looking at my trees I realize that the store bought ornaments are nice and all, but they just don't compare to the handmade ones. I have ornaments made from my friends from around the word, past co-workers, my daughter, and ones I made on my trees. They may never look like one of those fancy looking, perfect trees you find in a magazine, but I don't care. I love my trees just the way they are. I have come to realize that I cherish these special one of a kind handmade ornaments more than any store brought item.

Today, I would like to share with you little pieces of what makes my trees so special. Below you will view just a small fraction of some of the beautiful and wonderful handmade ornaments on my tree.

This is my big everything tree
This is my little tree that holds all my star ornaments
An angel ornament an old co-worker made for me years ago
Little snowman my daughter painted for me when she was 4
Felt Polar Bear Ornament made by my friend Zina

Angel my daughter painted for me at a pottery party

This is the other side of the angel. My daughter painted it as a vampire because at the time I was very crazy for the Sookie Stackhouse book series about vampires.
Felt ninja star ornament made by friend, Sug

Cinnamon apple sauce ornaments made by my friend, Rachie

Perler bead ornament made by my daughter for me
Spider ornament I made. I saw this ornament at Bronner's, which is the world's largest Christmas store. There is actually a legend about a Christmas Spider that brought good fortune. After seeing it I wanted to make one too.
Mini cookie, pie, cupcake, and smore ornaments made by my friend, Sug.
Toilet paper penguin made by my daughter
Jack Skellington ornament I created for the tree






No comments:

Post a Comment